We often get asked to look for a venue that is close to major transport and network links, that has an onsite bar and restaurant, somewhere convenient and central that’s not in the city centre for all attendees to easily get to, an event space with natural daylight and a good number of bedrooms, and rightly so!
You want your event to be smooth sailing and so do we, it’s important you are relaxed happy and confident your event will be a success.
Well, the team here at Sheer Edge have found just the venue… The Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC.
Not only is this venue close to Birmingham airport, Birmingham International train station, the motorway networks, it also has onsite parking including stay and go packages, onsite dining facilities –and we LOVE that it also has a direct link route to Resorts world – home to a state-of-the-art cinema, casino, a variety of great bars and restaurants, bowling and shopping. This truly is the place to stay with so much to do, you will want to stay a few more nights and enjoy what the resort has to offer.
The Crowne Plaza has 11 impressive meeting rooms, 242 Bedrooms, a Bar and Grill serving buffet breakfast, lunch and delicious dinners, an outside area to have a BBQ in the summer and a gym for in house residents to use.
What we Love about this venue…
- First and foremost, it has just had a wonderful refurbishment to the downstairs reception, lobby, bar and restaurant. A warm and vibrant welcome is what we always look for!
- The ambiance and décor are divine, and it really makes you feel warm, special and very much welcomed.
- Each of their 11 meeting rooms has a musical theme, being so close to the NEC we think this is a nice touch to showcase what the NEC is most famous for… MUSIC and entertaining! The largest meeting room with an impressive capacity of 200 has natural daylight (which most venues cannot offer) it can split into 3 separate rooms, the space outside for private refreshments breaks and lunch is outstanding – with floor to ceiling windows and a view of the lake.
- In all rooms there is an option to have either a private break space for lunch, an outside BBQ if you were hiring out the largest space, or a very “funky” shared refreshment area ‘The Hub’– some may be thinking they would rather not have a shared area, but you have to see it to believe it – it works! It’s also full of nice treats and exciting lunch offerings.
- If you want to stay on site at the venue, they have a lot of great drink and food options with a buzzing atmosphere, but you also have the opportunity to venture offsite without having to travel to local restaurants and entertainment complexes.
- The team! Sheer Edge absolutely love when we visit a venue and get to know the team, and we love it even more when that team are reliable, friendly and really experienced. The team here will make sure you feel right at home and have everything you need.
Get in touch to find out more and experience it for yourself with a site visit with one of our team.
Want to know more? Get in touch today: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us: 0330 223 3176