At Sheer Edge, our priority has been and always will be, for people to have the right experiences.
So, we thought we would share some of our opinions on how important it is, to create long-lasting moments, memories and experiences at events.
Clients approach us years after they’ve attended an event to share their experiences and highlights.
That for us is why we do what we do.
So, how do you capture these special moments? In what ways can they be achieved?
Here are some ideas from our perspective, we hope some of these ring true for you too;
- Select an event that all your guests will enjoy – It may seem like an obvious one, but so many people book events for themselves and then invite others. We urge you to research, find out what each of your guests may enjoy, and then pick something that will be enjoyable for all. After all, whether you are entertaining valued clients, colleagues or loved ones, you want them to enjoy every second of the event, don’t you?
2. Ensure you have enough time – Some events are over and done with in a flash, why not make sure you can make the most of the time spent with your guests? Maybe book a meal prior to the event if not already included and maybe accommodation so you can share moments from the experience together afterwards.
3. Create an experience your guests will never forget – If there is one thing the pandemic has taught us, it’s all, it’s to enjoy experiences once more. Why don’t you find out what maybe on your guest’s bucket lists and create a bespoke experience around that?
4. Budget – As much as you want to create an enjoyable experience, you need to be realistic about costs and make sure you factor this in from the start and a bit of contingency too.
5. Location – Where your event is located will play a huge part in how memorable. Equally, travel connections – you don’t want people to be in a fluster if they are travelling and stuck in traffic, or there have been delays due to another event/strike etc. It is also worth considering what message your event is giving and making sure the venue you have reflects this – off the beaten track for a retreat, centrally based if it’s a company town hall.
6. Catering/Food and beverages – Again, if your guests are fed and watered well, they will be happy, anything in addition to this is a huge bonus – you may have a sommelier suggesting the best wine pairing for the food you and your guests are about to tuck in. You may have a relaxed street food rather than a sit-down meal as that is the vibe of your event.
7. Sustainability – This is a huge indication of how your organisation and how the venue you have selected cover this off, right down to no plastic drinks bottles or miniature bottles in their accommodation. People are noticing the little things, as the little things make a big difference. Make sure you do your research on how sustainable your event is going to be.
We could go on about how to make your event memorable, but the most important thing? Time, time spent with your guests, sharing these memories with them, being present and making sure they have a great time will all be a great investment.
We understand how challenging it can be to pull events together, searching for hospitality, availability, venues, content, entertainers, and accommodation.
That is why we offer our Event Support and Venue Search services.
If you would like an extra pair of hands, we have over two decades of experience in the events industry both venue side and as Sheer Edge, we know what it takes to run exceptional events and work with you to ensure you secure the perfect venue and a fantastic event experience that your attendees will talk about for years to come!
If you think we could help support your business, get in touch; email@example.com or call 0330 223 3176