Sheer Edge is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This website ("Sheeredge.co.uk") is provided by Sheer Edge Ltd with trading address of: 43a St Mary’s Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7DS (hereinafter referred to as the "Sheeredge.co.uk")
This website represents Sheer Edge Hospitality & Events, a trading brand of Sheer Edge Ltd.
Our business has two primary components, a training business and Consultancy business both of which belong to, Sheer Edge Ltd which is a UK business. If you wish to contact us about any of our services and operation, please reach out to us as email@example.com
By booking with Sheeredge.co.uk you are agreeing to our terms and conditions which are outlined in the terms and conditions area of the Sheeredge.co.uk website.
This policy together with our terms and conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2018 (the GDPR Act), the data controller is Sheer Edge Ltd.
Information we may collect from you.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.maverrik.com (our website). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- In addition to the above, Sheeredgemail undertakes email marketing to businesses across the UK to promote courses and events, this is done in accordance with PECR in the UK, which does not require prior consent. We, of course, will remove you from our database on request to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
By purchasing any of Sheer Edge services you agree to allow Sheer Edge to communicate with you via email or phone but we will always use this communication method responsibly.
This Agreement ("the Agreement") outlines the terms and conditions governing your order or booking with Sheeredge.co.uk and it is your responsibility to read and understand them. By agreeing to these terms you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are important and protect you and us. Please take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully. If you have any questions about the terms and conditions please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sheer Edge Ltd reserves the right at any time and from time to time, to modify or amend this Agreement and/or any part thereof. Clients understand and acknowledge that the most recent version of this Agreement will be located on the Sheeredge.co.uk website [in terms and conditions area].
This policy (together with our terms and conditions) and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
To assure you that we recognise and fully respect the privacy and personal data of the visitors to this website;
and to explain what personal information we collect from this website and how we ensure its best protection.
We use up-to-date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against the loss, unauthorised disclosure or access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The Act gives you the right to access details that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Information we may collect from you
It is not necessary for you to register with us in order to access the Website. However, we may collect some information from interactive features such as online surveys and contact pages. The basic personal
information about you which we may collect and the process is:
- your name and business name
- your contact number
- your e-mail address
- We will not rent or sell any data which may personally identify you to any third party.
- We may access your data and related communications for technical processing and to address
technical problems or service complaints.
- We will clearly state why we are collecting personal information and how it will be used. At your
request we will allow you to inspect and edit any personal data relating to you.
We cannot ensure that private communication and other identifiable personal data will never be disclosed in ways not described in this section. By way of example (without limiting the foregoing) we may be forced to disclose the data to a government agency lawfully requesting the same or to any court acting in pursuance of its powers. We reserve the right to and you hereby agree to allow us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement, government officials or to any court or court officials as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate.
We may also collect and process information provided by you at the time of posting material to the Website, as well as details of your visit to the Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data), and the resources that you use. Further, if you contact us, we may also keep a record of that correspondence.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that, should you unsubscribe, we have enough data to dedupe against so you do not receive unwanted communication.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services, which may be of interest to you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please email email@example.com
If you are a new or prospective customer, we actively reach out to businesses using unsolicited email, in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. There is no obligation for us to obtain prior consent to do so and we only email businesses and work-related email addresses of those businesses. We obtain information about businesses and work-related email address from:
- Companies House
- Online Websites
- Social Media
We only email businesses where we believe we can add value to their business.
We will remove anyone who wishes to be removed this marketing activity upon request. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove your details within 48 hours.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your information to any third parties unless you have consented for us to do so.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or emailing email@example.com
Access to information
Please see our separate page on cookies policy.
Changing the information we hold about you
If you would like to change any information we hold about you that has been collected via use of this
Website or want to it to be removed from our database, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
By using the Website, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information in the manner
set out above. The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.